March 15, 2009

Away from Home and Ill

Right now I am nursing a bad sore throat. Perhaps it will turn worse, perhaps I will be fine by tomorrow. There's a low grade fever too.

It makes me wonder. How will my children fare if they leave home and fall ill?

I remember the first time I was away from home and unwell. Since I normally enjoyed good health, I went into a pity-me mode for a while. My friends didn't know what to do with me, and I didn't let my relatives know because they were staying the other end of London and I didn't want to bother them.

I survived of course.

Later, my brother had pneumonia and he did the same thing - didn't tell anyone. It was his then girlfriend who told me about it and I forced him to stay with me while he got over the worst bit. He "discharged" himself from my nursing care before he was totally well. Yes, he survived too.

So I guess I need to learn to teach my children survival tactics before I get too worried about them falling ill while away from home.

Must start listing them down now, before they do leave home!

No comments:

Post a Comment