March 29, 2010

Blessing

It occurred to me that these days, we are increasingly a people who do not know how to bless.

You see, the other day, there was a baby dedication in the Sunday Celebration.

Both parents are godly, gentle, humble people and it was a pleasure to be able to part organize it for them.

But it was the blessing that struck me. The person who gave the blessing is an orator, yes. Known for his ability to preach well and to be able to unpack the Scriptures in a clear and creative manner.

But even this, I think, surpassed his normal standard. It was superlative-laced, God-glorified and servanthood-encouraged. I found myself holding my breath in case I missed a phrase. I wish it was recorded. At the end of it, I found myself thinking, "Wow! What parent would not want that blessing for his/her child".

And that was when I concluded that we have forgotten how to bless. Myself included.

No comments:

Post a Comment