March 3, 2009

Approach to Food

As a baby, one was particular about food. Another was more easygoing. The third ate everything.

Here they are when the youngest was only 4 months old and gnawing on a chicken bone! Amazingly her constitution was strong and I had no sleepless nights from her incredible diet.
I would get a little concerned about the fact that some seemed to be fussy with food - was I under-nourishing them? As a former nurse I would fret.

Now that they are older, I realise that I need not have worried so much. As long as they didn't have too sweet a tooth, their diet turned out reasonable. Now they have a much wider range of taste AND they are fit and healthy! Phew! It took me almost 20 years to discover this truth!

4 comments:

  1. i'm concerned on my son's diet as well. my mom nag me about what i fed my son as I banned junk food, sweets and things alike. am i too much? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the nurse started weaning her kid with chicken bone? Advanced diet oh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elcynthia. Our personal take on this is a bit of junk food is ok. We try not to encourage sweets though! It's hard :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mike.... you mean the MIDWIFE started weaning with chicken! Worse isn't it! She was, and still is, a real trooper! Hahahahha!

    ReplyDelete