January 22, 2009

Be Still

We had waited for ages. Hours, in fact. And I am not exaggerating. We queued to get a number and we queued again to be seen to. By the time we got to our turn, we were tired.

After getting the key to our rooms, we talked dinner. Amazingly they opted for a takeaway!

If you know my children, then you'd know they often opt for fast food. They also love noise as most teenagers do.

This time, however, it was unanimous - they wanted to escape the hustle and bustle.

In some weird way, I was both relieved and proud. Relieved because I, too, had had enough. Proud because I was reminded of the psalm which said "Be still and know that I am God". I have often told them to learn to be still... and this seemed to indicate that they are learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment