February 10, 2009

Scary Scales

OK this is BIG Mmmmomma's site. The reason for the BIG is because I AM BIG.

So on this site, apart from documenting about my children, I also hope talk about FOOD and to catalogue my attempts to lose weight!

My weight was... well, let's just say it was too much. I was feeling the weight as I went about my daily business. My back hurt more. My feet too. My clothes were uncomfortably tight. I HAD to do something.

So I started in November. I went on RESET. It seemed to work but I have to confess to not following it diligently. Nonetheless, I lost about 7kgs over November into early December. That felt good.

Then the eating began. Honestly, we ate soooo much over December! What's more, we went on holidays. One day during the time away in West Malaysia, we ate breakfast in Perak, lunch in Penang (another state) and dinner in Kedah (yet another state!) Three meals in three states but in ONE DAY! You can read more about it here.

I was getting seriously worried about my weight. I was glad I didn't have weighing scales to stand on!

Then came our last few days in West Malaysia.

I got sick.

I mean I had the runs.

It was as if my body was protesting all the overindulgence.... and rightly so.

All the purging put me right back to the weight I started with before going for my pig-out in West Malaysia.

Coming back home, my weight stayed stable. Then it crept up slowly. The Chinese New Year! That was awful! I dreaded going to the weighing scales.

Then came my new job. I walk a lot. That was the added factor I needed.

I have now lost another kg in one week!

And the scales are not so scary anymore. More posts another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment