February 4, 2009

LOL

Your first words were, "Dddddda". I couldn't decide who enjoyed that more - you or your Dad!

Later, as you sought to catch up with your older siblings, your vocabulary increased in leaps and bounds. At times we caught you using words you didn't know. You would get upset at our teasing and correcting you.

That was a dozen years ago. How time flies. But then, you don't feel it as much as I do. It's only all of your life. It is a quarter of mine.

Yes, today, things have changed.

Today, you have taught me new vocabulary.

I knew about the abbreviation LOL. It stands for Laughing Out Loud. Many people tend to use that when they are chatting online. It's a way to let the other(s) know that the writer is well, laughing aloud.

What I didn't know what that it could be used in verbal conversation too!

Earlier I said something funny and I heard you use it as a remark. "Lol"

Thinking I heard wrongly, I said something else.

You responded, "Oh Mom, Lol"

There it was again.

So I asked. And thus I learned.

The tables have turned.

And so I say too, "LOL"

No comments:

Post a Comment